A. In addition to nursing undergraduate and graduate scholarships, we have recently expanded our scope to include other types of medical education: pharmacy technicians, pharmacists, dental hygienists, physician’s assistant, occupational therapist, rehabilitation therapist, etc. We also consider one-time specialized training, i.e. cleft palate correction, oncology treatment certification; etc. We do not fund medical school. Continuing Medical Education grants are handled on a case by case basis, with a preference for sending the award to the institution of higher learning wherever possible.
- Applicants should carefully review their applications to make sure ALL required materials are included. It is highly recommended that applicants verify tuition and housing costs before completing the Financial Aid Worksheet. Check your financial worksheet for accuracy; all entries will be verified by Foundation staff prior to being considered. Inaccurate or incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, we can no longer contact applicants to correct or resubmit missing application materials.
- Letters of recommendation are not required but are helpful in determining an award;
- Applications should be typed to make sure all information is legible;
- Essays with grammatical and punctuation errors reflect negatively on your application;
- If you are successful in receiving a scholarship, an acknowledgment (thank you) from you is appreciated; and, in the case of named scholarships, is passed along to our donor(s).
- Do not send a photocopied picture. We request a photo for press releases and website announcement; color or black and white headshots preferred. If you cannot accommodate this; please add a note to your application that a suitable headshot “is not available.” We will issue the press release without a photo.
- PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR PHOTO AND ESSAY!
- Questions may be sent to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.